Saturday, October 6, 2007

Model: Fire Phoenix

Official:
Designation: RZ-101 (incorrectly designated, should BZ-101 as it's a Blox/Z-Builder)
Type: Phoenix
Alignment: Republican
Movement: None
Colour: Red and Orange/Yellow
Special: Can fuse with Liger Zero to form Liger Zero Phoenix
Approximate Size: About 12cm high, 23.5cm long and has a max wingspan of just over 30cm.

Review:
This bird is pretty big, but fortunately you can rotate its wings so that it's just under 20cm wide. Not my favourite colours, but it is a phoenix so what do you expect? A lot of things move, but my Fire Phoenix is very fragile as the piece on top of its head and the top of its beak fall out when you touch them, and take about 10 minutes to get back in. I have rated this bird advanced assembly-wise as it was not easy, but getting its beak to stay in was almost impossible. Perhaps it was just my particular model? I would look to see what the problem was, to see if it needs the sides scraped with scissors to make it fit better, but I'm afraid I'll never get it back in as I vividly remember how frustrating getting it in in the first place was. Due to its unstableness, I have not fused it with Liger Zero yet, but when I start creating the custom Zoid designs I might have a go at it. Despite these flaws, the Fire Phoenix is a pretty nice bird though. It's tail is real fun, and it has a few pieces and quite a few blocks that would make it great for fusing with other Z-Builders, were I to dare doing so.

Rating: 3 Stars
Assembly: Advanced
Movement: n/a

Back view

No comments: